Finance Secretary AJAY BHUSHAN PANDEY tells Dilasha Seth and Indivjal Dhasmana that there are positive indications that economic activity is picking up. He says the government is taking suggestions on stressed sectors from representative bodies and will come out with a holistic response. He talks about the Budget, revenue collection, and the goods and services tax (GST) compensation mechanism. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, November 02 2020. 06:10 IST