Former chief minister and Peoples' Democratic Party chief Mehbooba Mufti has said that the people of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) may have to follow the example of the ongoing farmers' agitation to restore the state's special status. So far the government's heavy-handed measures have left no political space for such an agitation. But perhaps election to the local bodies and District Development Councils, as well as the restoration of 4G internet services, have emboldened Kashmiri leaders.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, February 22 2021. 07:16 IST