Basmati’s husband, Sukhdev, who worked in Bhilai Steel Plant, had taken 13 insurance policies from the various branch offices of the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India. These policies were taken over a period of time ranging from January 1997 to February 2001, for a total coverage of Rs 13.4 lakh. The premium for all the policies was being deducted from his monthly salary.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.