The raging second wave of Covid-19 has had an adverse impact on household sentiments. It couldn’t have been otherwise. There is widespread anguish. This is spilling over into anxiety regarding the long-term wellbeing of households. Infections, scarcities, fear and even deaths are rampant. Science has delivered vaccines but India fell short of delivering these or providing other more ordinary medical services to the millions that got infected. Household sentiments and expectations were bound to get clouded.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, May 03 2021. 23:59 IST