Meera Shah (name changed) is a 40-plus entrepreneur from Mumbai. Recently, when she applied for a home loan, the lender asked her for the Udyam certificate as it would increase her chances of getting a loan. And she is in luck. On March 5, the government said entrepreneurs and proprietors who are exempted from filing goods and services tax (GST) returns can now register on the Udyam registration portal via their permanent account number.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, March 11 2021. 06:10 IST