Business Standard

1 die of toxic gas in well

Image

Press Trust of India Jaipur
A 25-year-old man died and three others were hospitalised after they apparently inhaled some toxic gas inside a well in Rajasthan's Bharatpur district today, police said.
Sunil Jatav had descended inside the well in a village near Kumher area -- around 200 km from here -- for some repairing work, but he fainted, a police official said.
Three others -- Dinesh Jatav, Shailendra Jatav and Vinod Agrawal -- tried to rescue him, but they also inhaled the toxic gas and fell unconscious, the official said.
They all were brought out of the well and rushed to a nearby hospital where Sunil died during treatment, the official said, adding that the body had been handed over to his family members after an autopsy.

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Jul 29 2018 | 6:50 PM IST

Explore News