You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

8 arrested for killing warehouse guard, theft

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Eight people were arrested for allegedly killing a 65-year-old guard of a warehouse from where they had stolen sacks of plastic granules worth Rs 8.76 lakh, the police said today.

On October 1, the police were informed about the killing at D R Polymers Godown in Tikri Kalan area of Mundka.

The body of the guard, Bajrang, was found tied to a cot with ropes. Later, when the godown's owner inspected the warehouse, he found several sacks of plastic granules missing, the police said.

The police scanned CCTV camera footages and questioned the workers employed with the company's warehouses at Tikri Kalan and Kirti Nagar.

Yesterday, the police zeroed in on one of factory's labourers, Umesh Kumar (25), and arrested him from Kirti Nagar, the police said.

During interrogation, Kumar confessed to the crime and revealed the names of his accomplices. Bajrang's cell phone was also recovered from him, they claimed.

Kumar told police that the co-accused had left for IMT Manesar in Gurugram, Haryana, to sell their loot.

A raid was conducted at IMT Manesar where the other accused Raj Dev (36), Chotu (22), Jokhu Sahni (42), Nand Kishor (32) and Mangilal (26) were found unloading the robbed sacks of plastic granules, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer) Pankaj Singh said.

The receivers of the stolen sacks -- Satyapal (57) and his manager Ram Kishan (37) -- were also nabbed from the spot, he added.

During interrogation, they revealed that these granules were imported and there was a high demand for them here, the police said, adding that after Hurricane Harvey hit the US, there was a decline in the products production and their demand had gone up here.

Police recovered 201 robbed sacks of plastic granules worth Rs 8,76,200.

During interrogation, the accused persons revealed that they were good friends and they had planned the robbery, the police said.

"They also disclosed that Bajrang was obstructing them from committing the dacoity and hence they tied him to a cot and killed him as they feared that he would later identify them," the DCP said.

Later, they loaded the sacks into two tempos and left the area. After the incident, they sent Umesh to Kirti Nagar after four-five days to ascertain the situation, he said.

They decided to sell their loot in Gurugram assuming the police were not suspecting, the officer said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, October 07 2017. 21:48 IST