You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Double storey building gutted in Rohroo

Press Trust of India  |  Shimla 

A double storey building was gutted in a fire in Rapadi Bamta village in subdivision of district today morning and property worth lakhs of rupees was destroyed, police said.

There was no loss of human life in the incident, they added.

The fire spread fast and the heavily timbered building with nine rooms was reduced to ashes before the fire brigade could reach. The owner of the house and ran out to save themselves but the building and other belongings could not be salvaged, police said.

The house was stood a little away from the village and fire tenders took time in reaching the spot through a narrow road, an said. The villagers tried to douse the fire but could not control it as the flames engulfed the house within minutes.

The cause fire could not be ascertained but sources said short circuiting could be the reason. A case has been registered and investigations are in progress, police said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, April 17 2018. 22:10 IST