You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Father-son electrocuted as power line falls

Press Trust of India  |  Kota (Raj) 

A 65-year-old man and his 22-year-old son were electrocuted last night while they were sleeping in the verandah of their house in Rampuria village in district after a 11 KV power line fell from the electric pole and touched the domestic power line leading to high power voltage in it, police said.

The two bodies were today noon handed over to family members after postmortem at Mharao Bhim Singh (MBS) hospital here.

The deceased were identified as and his son Ambalal, SHO, station, Budhi Prakesh Nama said.

The deceased were asleep in the verandah last night when a 11 KV power line fell on the domestic power line, he said.

accidentally touched the cooler near him and got electrocuted, Nama said. Hearing his father scream, the son woke up and in an attempt to save him from electrocution, got himself electrocuted, the SHO said. Both were rushed to in Kota last night where doctors declared them brought dead, he added.

The two bodies were today noon handed over to the family members after postmortem and a case under section 174 of CrPC was lodged, he said adding further investigation into the matter was underway.

High power voltage was also reported to have run through other houses of the village but no loss of life or damage to household articles was reported, he added.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, June 10 2018. 18:35 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU