Balmer Lawrie & Company Ltd is a multi-product, multi-location company engaged in both manufacturing and service businesses. The company is a public limited company with 61.8% shareholding by Balmer Lawrie Investments Ltd, a Government of India company. The company operates in eight strategic business units, namely Industrial Packaging, Greases and Lubricants, Logistics Services, Travel and Tours, Logistics Infrastructure, Leather Chemicals, Refinery & Oilfield Services and Tea. The Industrial Packaging segment manufactures barrels and drums. The company's Logistics Infrastructure and Services segment consists of logistics services and logistics infrastructure. The Travel and Tours segment includes travel (ticketing), tours and money changing activities. Their Greases and Lubricants segment consists of greases and lubricating oils. Others segment includes engineering and technology services, tea blending and packaging, and leather chemicals. The company's Leather Chemicals segment provides manufactures and markets performance chemicals for leather processing primarily in the form of fat liquors and syntans. Their Logistics Services segment provide air and ocean freight services, as well as air chartering, ship chartering, CHA services, project logistics management, and express cargo movement services. The Refinery and Oilfield Services segment offers mechanized tank and lagoon cleaning services and vapour loss prevention services for tankages. The Tea segment manufactures and sells various tea products. Balmer Lawrie & Company Ltd was incorporated on February 18, 1924 as a private limited company. Initially, the company started as a Partnership Firm on February 1, 1867 at Kolkata. The company was founded by two Scot men - George Stephen Balmer and Alexander Lawrie. In January 3, 1936, the company was converted into a public limited company. In the year 1972, the company became a Government company consequent to the nationalization of IBP Co. Ltd, the holding company. In the year 1987, the company was awarded the Schedule B PSE status by GoI. In May 1999, the company started the business of blending and packaging of speciality tea with the commissioning of the plant at Bedford. Also, they started the production of aviation lubricants in their joint venture company, Avi-Oil India at Piyala, Faridabad. The company had executed the export order for a speciality oil consignment. They upgraded the Tea factory at Kolkata to cater to the growing value added business. In the year, 2001 IBP Co Ltd transferred their holding of 61.8% in the company to Balmer Lawrie Investments Ltd, which was formed by the Government on October 2001. During the year 2002-03, the company increased the production capacity of LPG Cylinders by 114,200 Nos to 239,200 Nos. Also, they increased the production capacity of Greases & Lubricating Oil by 29,800 MT to 71,500 MT. During the year 2002-03, the company increased the production capacity of Greases & Lubricating Oil by 100 MT to 71,600 MT. During the year 2004-05, they increased the production capacity of Barrels and Drums by 110,000 Nos to 3,780,000 Nos. In the year 2003, the company was awarded the Mini Ratna II PSE status. In the year 2006, the company was awarded the Mini Ratna I PSE status by GoI. During the year 2006-07, the company entered into an MoU with the Government of India at the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas detailing therein various targets on operational, financial and efficiency parameters besides matters like customer satisfaction, quality and human resource development. The name of their subsidiary company was changed from Indian Container Leasing Company Ltd to Transafe Services Ltd. During the year, the company increased the production capacity of Barrels and Drums from 3,780,000 Nos to 3,954,000 Nos. During the year 2007-08, they further company increased the production capacity of Barrels and Drums from 3,954,000 Nos to 4,374,500 Nos. Their Industrial Packaging SBU closed their bitumen drum manufacturing facility at Mathura and discontinued production of bitumen drums at Panipat due to expiry of the drum fabrication contracts with Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. In October 2008, the Steel Drum Closure Division was shifted to a new location at Turbhe, Navi Mumbai where the Division has become fully operational. Also, they completed the transfer of leasehold land at MIDC - Turbhe with the signing of a tripartite agreement with BLVL and MIDC. During the year, the company increased the production capacity of Greases & Lubricating Oils from 71,600 MT to 73,200 MT. The company acquired a further 15.22% of the paid-up equity capital of TSL from ICICI Venture whereby the equity shareholding of the company in TSL currently stands increased to 50%. During the year 2009-10, the company further increased the production capacity of Greases & Lubricating Oils from 73,200 MT to 74,280 MT. In March 2010, the company launched a 50:50 Joint Venture Company under the name and style of PT Imani Ganda Utama (PTIGU) at Indonesia - the other partner being an existing Indonesian Company, viz. PT Imani Wicaksana - for manufacture and marketing of greases and lubricants in Indonesia. In June 2010, the Industrial Packaging SBU commissioned their new plant at Chittoor in Andhra Pradesh.