Hindustan Hardy Spicer Ltd., formerly known as 'XLO-GWB CARDAM SHAFTS LTD., was incorporated in the year 1982. The name of the company was changed to the present one w.e.f. 28th June, 1995. The company manufacture propeller shafts and accessories required for automotive, industrial and other applications. The Company has entered into a technical licence agreement with Glenkwellenban GmbH (GWB), for 10 years and techno-marketing consultancy arrangement with XLO India Ltd (to draw on its marketing expertise for inpropeller shafts). GWB has also invested upto 26% in the total equity capital of HHSL. Dana Corporation, USA is now representing the interest of GWB (26% stake) in the company, by it's acquisation of world wide propeller shaft business of GKN Group(the parent group of GWB) in 1999-2000. The company exports its products to UK, Srilanka and Nepal. Some of the new products developed were two-piece propeller shaft for Mahindra Allwyn Nissan's cabston - 690 model, US Kit for Bajaj Timpo Matador FAS and Journal and bearing racs for Telco 1516 vehicles. During the year 1992-93, the company developed agricultural propeller shaft to Rotavator, 1600 series propeller shaft for Ashok Leyland and 1410 series propeller shaft for Ashok Leyland Conqo project. The company's propeller shaft capacity had increased to 200000 Nos. from 165000 Nos. during the year 1996-97. Currently during the year 2000-01 the installed capacity of Propeller shafts stands at 245000 nos.