Sarvottam Finvest Limited
Report on the Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying financial statements of SARVOTTAM FINVEST LIMITED("the company") which comprise the Balance Sheet as at March 31 2017 theStatement of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended and asummary of significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management's Responsibility for the Financial Statements
The Company's Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section134(5) of the Companies Act 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation ofthese financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial positionfinancial performance of the Company in accordance with the Accounting Principlesgenerally accepted in India including the Accounting Standards specified under Section133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules 2014.
This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting records inaccordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding of the assets of the Companyand for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection andapplication of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that arereasonable and prudent; and design implementation and maintenance of adequate internalfinancial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy andcompleteness of the accounting records relevant to the preparation and presentation ofthe financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from materialmisstatement whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on ouraudit.
We have taken into account the provisions of the Act the accounting and auditingstandards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under theprovisions of the Act and the Rules made thereunder.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified underSection 143(10) the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethical requirementsand plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financialstatements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts anddisclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditor'sjudgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financialstatements whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments the auditorconsiders internal financial controls relevant to the Company's preparation of thefinancial statements that give a true and fair view in order to design audit proceduresthat are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includes evaluating theappropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accountingestimates made by the Company's Directors as well as evaluating the overall presentationof the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the financial statements.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanationsgiven to us the financial statements give the information required by the Act in themanner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accountingprinciples generally accepted in India of the state of affairs of the Company as at March312017 and its Profit and its cash flows for the year ended on that date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
1. As required by the Companies (Auditor's Report) Order 2016 issued by the CentralGovernment of India in terms of sub-section (11) of section 143 of the Act (hereinafterreferred to the "Order") and on the basis of such checks of the books andrecords of the Company as we considered appropriate and according to the information andexplanations given to us we give in the Annexure ('Annexure A') a statement on thematters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order.
2.As required by Section 143(3) of the Act we report that:
a. We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the bestof our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purpose of our audit.
b. In our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by theCompany so far as it appears from our examination of those books.
c. The Balance Sheet Statement of Profit and Loss and the Cash Flow Statement dealtwith by this Report are in agreement with the books of account.
d. In our opinion the aforesaid financial statements comply with the AccountingStandards specified under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies(Accounts) Rules 2014.
e. On the basis of written representations received from the Directors as on March 312017 and taken on record by the Board of Directors none of the directors is disqualifiedas on March 31 2017 from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164(2) of theAct.
f. With respect to the adequacy of the internal financial controls over financialreporting of the Company and the operating effectiveness of such controls refer to ourseparate report in "Annexure B"
g. with respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditor's Report inaccordance with Rule 11 of the Companies(Audit and Auditors) Rules 2014 in our opinionand to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us;
i. The Company does not have any pending litigations which would impact its financialposition.
ii. In our opinion and as per the information and explanations provides to us theCompany has not entered into any long-term contracts including derivative contractsrequiring provision under applicable laws or accounting standards for materialforeseeable losses.
iii. there were no amounts which were required to be transferred to the InvestorEducation and Protection Fund by the Company.
iv. The Company has provided requisite disclosures in the financial statements as toholdings as well as dealings in Specified Bank Notes during the period from 8th November2016 to 30th December 2016. Based on audit procedures and relying on the managementrepresentation we report that the disclosures are in accordance with books of accountmaintained by the Company and as produced to us by the Management Refer Note No. 21 (C).
For V. Goyal & Associates
Vinod Kumar Goyal
Membership No.: 050670
Date: 29th May 2017
ANNEXURE 'A' TO THE INDEPENDENT AUDITORS REPORT OF EVEN DATE ON THE FINANCIALSTATEMENTS OF SARVOTTAM FINVEST LIMITED
Referred to in Paragraph 1 under section (Report on Other Legal and RegulatoryRequirements) of our report of even date
1. (a) The company is maintaining proper records showing full particulars includingquantitative details and situation of its fixed assets
(b) These fixed assets have been physically verified by the management at reasonableintervals; and no material discrepancies were noticed on such verification;
(c) The company does not possess any immovable property and hence clause 1(c) is notapplicable.
2. Physical verification of inventory has been conducted at reasonable intervals by themanagement and no material discrepancies were noticed.
3. As per information and explanations given to us the company has not granted loansto Company Firm Limited Liability Partnership or other parties covered in the registermaintained under section 189 of the Companies Act 2013. Accordingly the provisions ofparagraph 3(iii)(a) to (c) of the order are not applicable to the company.
4. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us theCompany has complied with the provisions of section 185 and 186 of the Act with respectto the loans and investments made.
5. The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public.
6. The Central Government has not prescribed the maintenance of cost records undersection 148(1) of the Act for any of the services rendered by the Company.
7. (a) According to the information given to us and on the basis of our examination ofthe books of the company the company is regular in depositing undisputed statutory duesincluding provident fund employees' state insurance income-tax sales-tax service taxduty of customs duty of excise value added tax cess and any other statutory dues to theappropriate authorities.
According to the information and explanations given to us no undisputed amountspayable in respect of provident fund income tax sales tax value added tax duty ofcustoms service tax cess and other material statutory dues were in arrears as at 31stMarch 2017 for a period of more than six months from the date they became payable.
(b) On the basis of the information and explanations given to us there are no materialdues with respect to income tax or sales tax or service tax or duty of customs or duty ofexcise or value added tax pending with appropriate authorities on account of any dispute..
8. The Company has not availed any loans or borrowings from any financial institutionbanks government or debenture holders during the year. Accordingly paragraph 3(viii) ofthe Order is not applicable to the company.
9. The Company did not raise any money by way of initial public offer or further publicoffer (including debt instruments) and term loans during the year. Accordingly paragraph3 (ix) of the Order is not applicable to the company.
10. To the best of our knowledge and according to the information and explanationsgiven to us no material fraud by the Company or on the Company by its officers oremployees has been noticed or reported during the course of our audit.
11. According to the information and explanations give to us and based on ourexamination of the records of the Company the Company has paid/provided for managerialremuneration in accordance with the requisite approvals mandated by the provisions ofsection 197 read with Schedule V to the Act.
12. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us theCompany is not a Nidhi company. Accordingly paragraph 3(xii) of the Order is notapplicable to the company.
13. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us theCompany is in compliance with sections 177 and 188 of Companies Act 2013 whereapplicable for all transaction with the related Parties and details of related partytransaction have been disclosed in the financial statements as required by the applicableaccounting standards.
14. During the year the Company has not made any preferential allotment or privateplacement of shares or fully or partly convertible debentures during the year.
15. In opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us and basedon our examination of the records of the Company the Company has not entered intonon-cash transactions with directors or persons connected with him. Accordingly paragraph3(xv) of the Order is not applicable to the company.
16. The company is a registered NBFC under section 45-IA of the Reserve Bank of IndiaAct 1934.
For V. Goyal & Associates
Vinod Kumar Goyal
Membership No.: 050670
Date: 29th May 2017
ANNEXURE 'B' TO THE INDEPENDENT AUDITORS REPORT OF EVEN DATE ON THE FINANCIALSTATEMENTS OF SARVOTTAM FINVEST LIMITED
Report on the Internal Financial Controls under Clause (i) of Sub-section 3 of Section143 of the Companies Act 2013 ("the Act")
We have audited the internal financial controls over financial reporting of SarvottamFinvest Limited ("the Company") as of 31st March 2017 in conjunction with ouraudit of the financial statements of the Company for the year ended on that date.
Management's Responsibility for Internal Financial Controls
The Company's management is responsible for establishing and maintaining internalfinancial controls based on the internal control over financial reporting criteriaestablished by the Company considering the essential components of internal control statedin the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reportingissued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ('ICAI'). These responsibilitiesinclude the design implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controlsthat were operating effectively for ensuring the orderly and efficient conduct of itsbusiness including adherence to company's policies the safeguarding of its assets theprevention and detection of frauds and errors the accuracy and completeness of theaccounting records and the timely preparation of reliable financial information asrequired under the Companies Act 2013.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on the Company's internal financialcontrols over financial reporting based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordancewith the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting(the "Guidance Note") and the Standards on Auditing issued by ICAI and deemedto be prescribed under section 143(10) of the Companies Act 2013 to the extentapplicable to an audit of internal financial controls both applicable to an audit ofInternal Financial Controls and both issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants ofIndia. Those Standards and the Guidance Note require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetheradequate internal financial controls over financial reporting was established andmaintained and if such controls operated effectively in all material respects.
Our audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the adequacy ofthe internal financial controls system over financial reporting and their operatingeffectiveness. Our audit of internal financial controls over financial reporting includedobtaining an understanding of internal financial controls over financial reportingassessing the risk that a material weakness exists and testing and evaluating the designand operating effectiveness of internal control based on the assessed risk. The proceduresselected depend on the auditor's judgment including the assessment of the risks ofmaterial misstatement of the financial statements whether due to fraud or error.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the Company's internal financial controls systemover financial reporting.
Meaning of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting
A company's internal financial control over financial reporting is a process designedto provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting and thepreparation of financial statements for external purposes in accordance with generallyaccepted accounting principles. A company's internal financial control over financialreporting includes those policies and procedures that (1) pertain to the maintenance ofrecords that in reasonable detail accurately and fairly reflect the transactions anddispositions of the assets of the company; (2) provide reasonable assurance thattransactions are recorded as necessary to permit preparation of financial statements inaccordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that receipts andexpenditures of the company are being made only in accordance with authorisations ofmanagement and directors of the company; and (3) provide reasonable assurance regardingprevention or timely detection of unauthorised acquisition use or disposition of thecompany's assets that could have a material effect on the financial statements.
Inherent Limitations of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
Because of the inherent limitations of internal financial controls over financialreporting including the possibility of collusion or improper management override ofcontrols material misstatements due to error or fraud may occur and not be detected.Also projections of any evaluation of the internal financial controls over financialreporting to future periods are subject to the risk that the internal financial controlover financial reporting may become inadequate because of changes in conditions or thatthe degree of compliance with the policies or procedures may deteriorate.
In our opinion to the best of our information and accoroding to the explanation givento us the Company has in all material respects an adequate internal financial controlssystem over financial reporting and such internal financial controls over financialreporting were operating effectively as at 31st March 2017 based on the internal controlover financial reporting criteria established by the Company considering the essentialcomponents of internal control stated in the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal FinancialControls Over Financial Reporting issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants ofIndia.
For V. Goyal & Associates
| ||Vinod Kumar Goyal |
|Place: Kolkata ||Partner |
|Date: 29th May 2017 ||Membership No.: 050670 |