WebinarsNew
Deep DiveNew
Explore Business Standard
ZEE Entertainment CEO Punit Goenka, who resigned from the post of Managing Director last week, has also withdrawn himself from reappointment for the post in the coming AGM, according to an exchange filing. While sharing Goenka's resignation letter to exchanges on Saturday, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) said he is "withdrawing his consent for his re-appointment as Managing Director of the company as proposed in the Notice of the ensuing Annual General Meeting. Earlier on October 18, 2024, the ZEEL board approved the proposal for Goenka's reappointment for a five-year term, effective from January 1, 2025, to December 31, 2029. Goenka's present tenure as Managing Director & CEO of the company was scheduled to finish at the 2024-end. Goenka's re-appointment was subject to approval from the shareholders, in the coming AGM, which is scheduled to be held on November 28. However, on November 18 Punit Goenka, son of media baron Subhash Chandra, resigned as the Managing Director .
Zee Entertainment Enterprises, a co-producer of Kangana Ranaut's "Emergency" film, on Thursday told the Bombay High Court it was working out with the Censor Board issues over issuance of certificate for the movie. The movie, which was initially slated for a September 6 release, has been embroiled in a battle with the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), popularly known as the censor board for non-issuance of certificate for release of the movie. Last week, the CBFC told the high court that the movie could be released if certain cuts were made as decided by the board's revising committee. On Thursday, senior counsel Sharan Jagtiani told a division bench of Justices B P Colabawalla and Firdosh Pooniwalla the issues are being worked out. "I believe it is working out between the CBFC and respondent 2 (Ranaut's Manikarnika Films, co-producer)," Jagtiani said. The bench posted the matter for hearing on Friday. Earlier this week, the bench was informed by the censor board that ..