Around mid-March 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi put out a call seeking indigenous solutions to counter the Covid-19 crisis. A small Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur-incubated startup called Nocca Robotics responded with an interest in making ventilators. Things moved swiftly after that. A task force comprising mentors and members from the IIT Kanpur incubator quickly coalesced around the young founders of Nocca Robotics and the IIT-K ventilator project was formed.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, March 31 2021. 00:12 IST