"This is like a nightmare for me," writes an anonymous former Cognizant employee on Quora regarding the recent mass layoffs at the information technology (IT) major. As reported in March this year, Cognizant is said to be reducing its employee count by as much as five per cent, which translates to close to 10,000 workers. Wipro, Infosys and Tech Mahindra have also either started handing out pink slips or are in the process.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, May 11 2017. 13:46 IST