The Indian financial sector went into a tizzy last week when Equitas Small Finance Bank announced that its fixed deposit offerings can be availed of by users of Google Pay. Many wondered if the tech giants — Google, Facebook, WhatsApp, WalMart and Amazon — with their strong entry into the Indian payments sector, are ready to are ready to make their next move and offer other financial products.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, September 06 2021. 06:03 IST