At the biennial defence exhibition in April at Chennai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi listed out the milestones the government has achieved towards its Make-in-India goal in defence. “Over the last few years, we have made a humble beginning. On defence manufacturing licences, on defence offsets, on defence export clearances, on foreign direct investment in defence manufacturing, and on reforming our defence procurement, we have taken many steps,” he said.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, April 25 2018. 20:49 IST