Approaching consumer forums can get tricky at times. In cases where the law is not clearly defined, each forum takes a different call depending on circumstances of the case. Recently, the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) gave an order that brought the government’s free medical services within the ambit of the Consumer Protection Act. The central government rushed to the Supreme Court and got a stay on the NCDRC’s order.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, October 24 2017. 00:27 IST