A recent survey on Farmer Producers Organisations (FPOs) by Tata Trusts suggested that to ensure higher returns for farm produce, “FPOs need to increase market linkages”. The report recommends addressing the concerns of agricultural value chains such as availability of infrastructure and credit, information asymmetry and value addition. These issues assume importance after the government allowed farmers to directly sell their produce to processors and traders, obviating the need for them to bring their produce to APMCs or market yards.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, July 08 2020. 16:59 IST