With the third wave of the pandemic receding, general insurers are better placed in terms of claims than they were after the second wave. TAPAN SINGHEL, managing director and chief executive officer, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, speaks to Subrata Panda about how Covid-related claims have had an impact on loss ratios and profitability, surge in medical inflation, necessity of a regulator for the health care sector, and the surety bonds business. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.