I don’t think the Budget proposals have an element of a big-bang surprise. That said, there is a bit of positive news for the non-bank finance companies (NBFCs), but nothing that is making me too excited. The divestment figure of Rs 1.05 trillion is quite huge and is a lot of stock to be sold via this route in financial year 2019 – 20 (FY20).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, July 05 2019. 15:59 IST