Sashakt takes a much-needed stab at creating a structure outside the bank to systematically park distressed asset for resolution. The proposal of inter-creditor agreement to enable the lead bank work on the resolution plan may be considered quickly. Its aspirations were in the correct direction when it wanted to focus on price discovery of distressed assets. Arguably, some more deliberation may be required on sizing the resources required to solve the issue as well as the structure to garner those resources.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.