After a difficult few quarters, India’s public health and economic landscape is witnessing a discernable inflection. India’s new daily cases, deaths and positivity rate have all halved since mid-September. This should elicit much relief, but not complacency. The dramatic resurgence of the virus across Europe and the United States just confirms that as soon as countries let their guard down, another vicious wave is upon them. Daily cases around the world are now the highest since the pandemic began. Daily deaths have doubled over the last month and are poised to rise ominously.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, November 18 2020. 01:11 IST