Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www.business-standard.com or the Business Standard newspaper
By next month, the Tata group takeover of Air India is expected to be complete.
By the summer of 2022, a new airline —Akasa Air—is readying for launch. The airline is floated by aviation industry veteran Vinay Dube, has former IndiGo chief executive officer Aditya Ghosh as an advisor, and is funded by marquee investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
Between them, they represent the two biggest stories in Indian aviation, all set to play out next year.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.