You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Labourer electrocuted in Rajasthan's Kota

Press Trust of India  |  Kota (Raj) 

A 24-year-old labourer was electrocuted while working at an under-construction building in Rajasthan's Kota district, police said on Saturday.

The incident took place on Friday evening when Harish Kushwa, a resident of Kotri Goverdhanpura area in Kota, was working at a site in Ghaghtana village and died on the spot after coming in contact with a live wire, Kaithun Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Yogesh Kumar said.

Kushwa accidentally touched the overhead live wire and collapsed.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, the ASI said.

The body was handed over to the kin after a post-mortem, who held a protest in front of the office of the state electricity department in Nayapura and sought a compensation of Rs 5 lakh, he added.

The protest ended after the officials assured a fair compensation as per the norms to the kin of the deceased, Nayapura ASI Giriraj Kumar said.

A case under Section 174 (unnatural death) of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) had been registered, the officer said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, August 10 2019. 18:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU