Law School Admission Test (LSAT) 2018 will be conducted on 20th May 2018. LSAT is conducted by Law School Admission Council (LSAC) USA on a worldwide level for admission in to law schools across India, US, Canada and many other countries. The LSAT examination is designed to test the verbal and reasoning abilities of candidates. In India around 85 law schools use LSAT scores for admission in to their graduate and post-graduate level courses. Some top Law Schools of India that use LSAT scores for admission purposes are Alliance School of Law, ITM Law School (Gurgaon), AURO University, l Global Law School (Sonipat), College of Legal Studies (Dehradun), ICFAI Law School, IFHE (Hyderabad), IFHE (Hyderabad) and many more.
LSAT 2018 - Important Dates
|Online Application Starts||4th October 2017|
|Last Date to Submit Application||4th May 2018|
|Release of Admit Cards||5th May to 19th May 2018|
|LSAT 2018 Examination Date||20th May 2018|
LSAT 2018 Details
LSAT is conducted once every year. The examination is held in offline mode (Paper pen mode). The time duration for LSAT is 2 hours and 20 minutes. The examination is divided in to 4 sections and candidates are allocated 35 minutes to complete each section. The 4 sections are Analytical Reasoning, First Logical Reasoning, Second Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension. LSAT will consist of around 100 multiple-choice questions (25 from each section). For each correct answer candidates score 1 mark. There is no negative marking.
|Section/Topic||No. of Question/Marks||Time Duration|
|Analytical Reasoning||24/25 Questions||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning - I||24/25 Questions||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning - II||24/25 Questions||35 minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24/25 Questions||35 minutes|
|Total:||96-100||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
Success candidates will then approach the law school of their choice and use their LSAT scores to seek admission in individual colleges and universities.
LSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- For under graduate level courses (BA LLB): Candidates should have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized university or institution with minimum 45% of marks.
- For post graduate level courses (LLM): Candidates should have completed LLB from a recognized university or institution with minimum 45% of marks. Please note that the minimum qualifying marks vary from institution to institution.
- There is no age limit to appear for LSAT but candidates need to check with individual colleges and institutions about their specific age criteria
- Candidate should be citizen of India
- Eligible applicants can register themselves for LSAT 2018 via online mode only
- Candidates first need to visit the official website of LSAT India - lsat.fdshive.com and register themselves using a valid email ID and mobile number
- Next candidates will fill the application form by providing accurate educational and personal details. Candidates will then upload recent coloured passport sized photograph and signature
- Lastly candidates need to pay the application fee of Rs. 3800/- online through credit or debit card or net banking