Muthuvel Karunanidhi strode like a colossus in Indian politics for more than 50 years. He never lost an election, believed strongly in the institutions and values of democracy, became chief minister of Tamil Nadu five times and shaped political thought, melding it with administrative policy in a way that can never be replicated. As a scholar and journalist, A S Panneerselvan got the enviable chance to interview Karunanidhi multiple times. This book, a biography of Karunanidhi, is a product of those labours.It is superb.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.