Recently, private contact information of millions of Instagram users was found in an unguarded online database, and the cache was traced back to Mumbai-based social media marketing firm Chtrbox. Before that, security lapse in one of State Bank of India (SBI) servers had leaked data of its SBI Quick service customers. These breaches are just a few examples underscoring Indian firms’ vulnerability, despite warnings from past incidents.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, June 07 2019. 15:53 IST