- Interim resolution professional red-flags NBCC's Jaypee Infratech bid
- Supreme Court says may direct NBCC to complete Amrapali's pending projects
- SC agrees to hear Essar Power MP plea on surrendering Jharkhand coal mine
- Omkar in talks with L&T to jointly develop Rs 4,500-cr Bandra project
- Guess who is FB's biggest political advertiser after BJP? It's Flipkart
- Debts of IL&FS' green companies likely to be settled by July end: Official
- Jaypee Infratech's IRP says NBCC's bid conditional and non-binding
- Facebook chooses London as base for WhatsApp payments: Report
- Telcos' body says worst of tariff wars over, stability to return by Q4
- GD Foods to set up 15,000-tonne sugar mill for Rs 500 crore in UP
RBI withdraws circular asking banks to declare their IL&FS exposure
The April 24-circular has said banks and financial institutions must mention the total amount of exposure that are non-performing assets (NPAs) to the IL&FS
BS Web Team |
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday withdrew a circular asking banks and financial institutions to declare details of their exposure and provisions related to the troubled Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS).
The April 24-circular has said banks and financial institutions must mention the total amount of exposure that are non-performing assets (NPAs) to the IL&FS.
The RBI withdrew the circular after the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) allowed banks to declare defaulting loans of IL&FS and its group companies as bad loans.
“In view of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal’s (NCLAT) order dated May 2, 2019 in respect of Company Appeal (AT) No. 346 of 2018 and I.A. No. 1139 of 2019, the instructions contained in the above mentioned circular stand withdrawn," said the RBI in a notification on Wednesday.
The defaults by the IL&FS entities caused liquidity squeeze in the markets, affecting the non-banking financial companies and the housing finance companies adversely. The group companies have a total debt of more than Rs 94,000 crore.
First Published: Wed, May 08 2019. 20:25 IST