- TCS makes buyback buzz but other Indian IT firms unlikely to follow suit
- Theatres get ready to abide by govt SOPs but no new movies at least for now
- No question of withdrawing MSP, it is all rumour mongering, assures FM
- Health Ministry guidelines: No festive events in containment zones
- 'Work from work': How a US firm's office policy left some employees bruised
- New members give RBI's MPC dovish tilt; to hold rates on Oct 9: Analysts
Coronavirus LIVE: Delhi past 2nd wave peak, situation mostly controlled: CM
Coronavirus update: Maharashtra has 1,453,653 coronavirus cases, Andhra Pradesh 723,512, Karnataka 647,712, Tamil Nadu 625,391 and UP 417,437. Stay tuned for coronavirus India LIVE update
File photo of Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
Coronavirus update: India on Monday registered a sharp drop of 61,267 in the number of new Covid-19 cases, taking the tally to 6,685,082. With 886 fatalities in 24 hours, India's death toll stands at 103,600. The head of emergencies at the World Health Organization, Dr Michael Ryan, says its best estimates indicate that roughly one in 10 people worldwide may have been infected by the coronavirus. Experts have long said that the number of confirmed cases greatly underestimates the true figure.
Coronavirus vaccine update: The Oxford coronavirus vaccine might be rolled out in six months' time or even less, a report said on Saturday. If reports in the UK media are to be believed, there is hope that a vaccine against coronavirus may get a clearance from health regulators in December.
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 35,624,780. While 26,771,212 have recovered, 1,044,501 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 7,662,635 cases. It is followed by India, which has 6,685,082 cases, Brazil (4,918,022) and Russia (1,225,889).
Stay tuned for coronavirus LIVE updates