- India losing $10.3 bn every year due to tax abuse by MNCs, evasion: Report
- WHO advises doctors against using Gilead's remdesivir for treating Covid-19
- Indian-origin peer Lord Meghnad Desai resigns from Labour Party over racism
- CCI gives nod to Reliance-Future deal amid legal battle with Amazon
- RBI panel bats for continuation of NOFHC as preferred structure for banks
Coronavirus LIVE updates: India cases at 8,728,795; active cases at 484,547
Coronavirus update: Maharashtra has 1,736,329 coronavirus cases, Karnataka 855,912, Andhra Pradesh 849,705, Tamil Nadu 752,521 and Kerala 508,256. Stay tuned for coronavirus India LIVE updates
Coronavirus update: India has reported 43,861 fresh Covid-19 cases in the past 24 hours. The total caseload now stands at 8,727,900. The country's death toll has mounted to 128,686. Delhi recorded a spike of 7,332 Covid-19 cases on Thursday taking its infection tally to over 467,999, while 104 more fatalities pushed the national capital's death toll to 7,332. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Thursday announced a Rs 900 crore stimulus towards research and development of the Covid-19 vaccine while also assuring that funds will be provided according to the requirement for the cost of the vaccine and logistics requirement as well in future.
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 53,060,114. While 37,169,884 have recovered, 1,298,449 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 10,861,241 cases, and 248,488 have died from the disease there. It is followed by India, which has 8,727,900 cases, Brazil (5,783,647), France (1,898,710), Russia (1,858,568).
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.