- Jet claims rights on livery, objects to SpiceJet using it on some planes
- Shinde claims support of 50 Sena MLAs, says will return to Mumbai shortly
- Editors' Guild calls for Zubair's release, invokes PM's commitment at G7
- Monsoon likely to arrive in Delhi on June 30-July 1, says IMD
- Tata Motors to increase prices of commercial vehicles by 1.5%-2.5%
- LIVE: Return to Mumbai and talk to me, says Uddhav to rebel Sena MLAs
Covid LIVE: Maharashtra sees biggest single-day spike of 43,183 new cases
Coronavirus live updates: Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Punjab, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and MP account for 84.61% of the new cases are reported in India. Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus live updates: India has recorded a massive surge in the number of Covid-19 cases. In the last 24 hours, the country registered 72,330 cases. With the latest addition, the country's tally has soared to 12,221,665, according to MoHFW. With active cases hitting 584,055, India is now the 5th-worst hit country. The death toll from the deadly infection jumped to 162,960.
Maharashtra on Wednesday reported as many as 39,544 new coronavirus cases, its second-highest single-day rise in infection tally since the pandemic began. The surge in Covid-19 cases continued in Delhi with 1,819 new cases being reported in the last 24 hours.
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,812,980), Kerala (1,119,542), Karnataka (989,804), Andhra Pradesh (899,812), and Tamil Nadu (881,752).
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 129,438,862 infected by the deadly contagion. While 104,388,973 have recovered, 2,827,156 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 31,164,183, followed by Brazil, India, France and Russia. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, Brazil, Belgium, India and Italy.