- Why Citigroup and other foreign banks missed the India growth story
- Delhi HC directs strict compliance of Centre's oxygen allocation order
- Assam: 300 flyers flee Silchar airport, skip mandatory coronavirus test
- Covid: No restrictions on inter-state movement of medical oxygen, says MHA
- Covid: Vaccine registration for all adults to start April 28, says govt
- Jaguar Land Rover output at two UK plants hit by chips shortage
- Infosys and bp collaborate to reduce emissions at campuses, cities
- SC refuses to stay Telangana HC order on RBI's fraud classification
Coronavirus LIVE: Maharashtra records 8,623 fresh cases, 51 deaths
Coronavirus live updates: Most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,130,000), Kerala (1,052,000), Karnataka (950,207) and Andhra Pradesh (889,585). Stay tuned for corona-related news
A nurse prepares to administer a dose of the the Sputnik V vaccine in a Covid-19 vaccination center inside the GUM department store in Moscow | Photo: Bloomberg
Coronavirus live updates: India's count of active cases has jumped to 160,985. On Friday, the country registered 16,056 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking its the caseload tally to 11,079,094. India continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 13th among worst-hit nations by active cases. The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,130,000), Kerala (1,052,000), Karnataka (950,207), Andhra Pradesh (889,585), and Tamil Nadu (850,577).
India is gearing up to vaccinate people above 60 years of age and those over 45 years with comorbidities against Covid-19 from March 1. The Union Health Ministry on Friday said the facility of on-site registrations will be available so that eligible beneficiaries can walk into identified vaccination centres, get themselves registered and get inoculated.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 113,966,328 infected by the deadly contagion. While 89,524,743 have recovered, 2,528,160 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 29,134,796, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.