- Nothing alarming in Rajinikanth's medical reports, to be discharged soon
- Indians must replace imported products, become 'vocal for local': PM Modi
- Shopian 'fake' encounter: Charge sheet filed against Army officer, 2 others
- Arbitration panel cites PM, minister on retro tax to overturn Cairn demand
- PM Modi to address the nation in 72nd edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- PM Modi to flag off 100th Kisan Rail via video-conferencing on Monday
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on 2-day visit to Qatar from Sunday
- PM to inaugurate India's first-ever driverless train operations on Monday
- Land occupied in Shantiniketan registered on long term lease: Amartya Sen
- Second phase of Karnataka Gram Panchayat elections to be held tomorrow
LIVE: Farmer leaders plan hunger strike on Dec 14, escalating protests
In a bid to intensify the ongoing protests at Delhi borders, farmers will block the Delhi-Jaipur road today. Stay tuned for latest updates on farmers' protest
Farmers gather for a speech at a protest site at a road block on the Delhi-Haryana border crossing in Singhu, Delhi | (Bloomberg)
Farmers' protest LIVE updates Day 17: With farmers gearing up to block the highway and picket toll plazas on the border to Delhi today in response to a call from protesting farmer unions to intensify their agitation against the three farm laws, police personnel have been deployed in strength to protect toll booths and ensure smooth flow of traffic, Faridabad Police said.
As many as 3,500 police personnel will be deployed at the five toll plazas in the area, a statement said.
The ongoing protest of the farmers against the three new agriculture laws has entered its 17th day on Saturday with the farmers' unions now threatening to block railway tracks.
Stay tuned for farmers' protest LIVE UPDATES