- Money trail prima facie indicates Anil Deshmukh received Rs 4.7 cr: Court
- Tags to riches: Nitin Gadkari's YouTube Expressway a hit with fans
- PM will decide on continuing infra investments in Afghanistan: Gadkari
- PM urges people to take part in auction of gifts, mementos received by him
- Govt hikes domestic airline capacity to 85%, tweaks price caps formula
- Indianisation of our legal system is need of the hour: CJI N V Ramana
- Shilpa Shetty puts out another cryptic post, talks about 'new endings'
- IAF signs deal with French Air Force to purchase phased out Mirage aircraft
- Centre reopening India for tourists, Goa can play big role: PM Modi
- Rajasthan schools to resume offline classes for classes 6-8 from Sept 20
LIVE: Pranab Mukherjee was a towering statesman, says PM Modi
Stay tuned with Business Standard for news LIVE updates
Former President Pranab Mukherjee died on Monday in Delhi’s Army’s Research and Referral (R&R) Hospital, where he had been admitted a few days ago for a brain surgery. He was 84. Mukherjee had tested positive for the coronavirus disease before undergoing a successful surgery to remove a brain clot.
Activist lawyer Prashant Bhushan said on Monday that he will submit the token fine of Re 1 imposed by the Supreme Court in the contempt case for his tweets against the judiciary, but also indicated he would file a review plea against the order. Bhushan said he has the greatest respect for the institution of the Supreme Court and judiciary and his tweets were not intended to disrespect the apex court.
"While I reserve the right to seek a review of the conviction and sentencing, by way of an appropriate legal remedy, I propose to submit myself to this order and will respectfully pay the fine, just as I would have submitted to any other lawful punishment," he said hours after the top court imposed the fine.
The Chinese troops 'carried out provocative military movements in Eastern Ladakh to change the status quo' but they were blocked by Indian soldiers, the government said today. The incidents took place in the between August 29-30 night.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day