- Bharat Biotech seeks full marketing approval from DCGI for Covaxin
- India, UK start FTA negotiations to double bilateral trade by 2030
- No breakthrough in 14th round of India-China border talks: Joint statement
- Covid: At meeting with CMs, PM stresses on localised measures, vaccination
- Nurse registrations in India have not kept pace with doctors, shows data
Covid LIVE: 28,867 new cases in Delhi; NEET-UG counselling from Jan 19
Delhi's positivity rate is 29.21 %
A health official takes swab sample of a person on a street for COVID-19 test, amid concern over rising Omicron cases, in New Delhi (Photo: PTI)
Live news updates: India reported 247,417 new Covid-19 cases on Thursday, the most since late May, according to data from the health ministry. The country has 5,488 cases of the fast-spreading Omicron coronavirus variant.
New daily infections increased by 27 per cent since Wednesday and the positivity rate—the percentage of Covid-19 tests that result in positive cases—has increased from 11.5 per cent to 13 per cent.
The Australian Open draw has been postponed until further notice, organisers said on Thursday, amid uncertainty over Novak Djokovic's participation in the tournament.
The draw was to start at 3 p.m. local time (0400 GMT), but after a short delay, a tournament staffer told reporters outsde the media conference room it would not go ahead..
India’s retail inflation rate shot up to a five-month high in December and industrial output growth decelerated to a nine-month low in November, signalling that economic recovery remains fragile.