Tamil Nadu police today arrested three people for running a duplicate branch of State Bank of India (SBI). Among the three people, one was the son of former bank employees.
Ambethkar, an Inspector of Police at Panruti, has confirmed the development and said the police have arrested three people including the mastermind Kamal Babu, an unemployed youth whose parents were former bank employees.
His father died 10 years ago, while his mother retired from a bank two years ago.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.