The wait for an e-commerce policy will get much longer now with the government setting a 12-month deadline for it. After an e-commerce policy draft in February had drawn industry flak, the government was in the process of reviewing it. While a comprehensive policy is expected around the middle of 2020, the government has made clear that there would be no changes in the foreign direct investment (FDI) rules in the sector.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, June 25 2019. 21:59 IST