Former Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das on Wednesday assumed charge as the 25th RBI Governor. He replaced Urjit Patel who abruptly resigned amid a face-off with the government over issues related to governance and autonomy of the central bank. ALSO READ: Will 'FinMin-insider' Shaktikanta Das be able to preserve RBI's autonomy? The new RBI governor confirmed that the central meeting scheduled for November 14 will be held as planned. He also outlined his priorities. ALSO READ: Shaktikanta Das' ...
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.