Clix Capital is in advanced talks with One97 Communications, which controls Paytm, for a strategic stake in its planned peer-to-peer (P2P) lending platform.
AION Capital, which has an 85 per cent stake in Clix Capital, was formed by buying the commercial lending and leasing business of GE Capital in India. The remaining portion of the equity in the company is held by former Genpact founder Pramod Bhasin and former head of DE Shaw in India Anil Chawla.
Paytm and AION Capital spokespersons declined to comment on the negotiations or share any details. However, a source close to Paytm said that talks were at an advanced stage, adding: “The two sides have had multiple discussions. Now the finer points of the deal are being discussed. This deal, if it happens, will help Paytm kick-start the P2P lending business.”
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.