Two years after it acquired IDFC Alternatives’ private equity and realty businesses, Investcorp is betting big. Its private equity arm currently manages nearly $300 million locally, and hopes to ramp this up to $1.5 billion over time. Gaurav Sharma, Head of Investcorp’s private equity vertical in India, spelt out his stance in an e-mail interview with Raghu Mohan. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, August 02 2021. 06:06 IST