Shares of Ashok Leyland rose as high as 3.64 per cent to Rs 55.50 on the BSE on Friday despite the company posting a 92.31 per cent decline in consolidated net profit at Rs 57.78 crore in the fourth quarter of FY20 (Q4FY20).
The Hinduja Group flagship firm's revenue from operations during the quarter under review stood at Rs 5,088.04 crore as against Rs 9,874.04 crore in the year-ago period.
For fiscal year 2019-20, the company posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 459.80 as compared with Rs 2,194.60 crore in 2018-19. Revenue from operations in FY20 stood at Rs 21,951.27 crore as compared with Rs 33,196.84 crore in FY19, Ashok Leyland said in a regulatory filing.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Scrappage scheme would give demand a boost: Ashok Leyland MD & CEO
Ashok Leyland slips into red, reports Rs 72 cr pre-tax loss in Q4
Ashok Leyland plans pain relief via K54 II, hope to save Rs 500 crore
Auto slowdown impact: Ashok Leyland PBT drops by 89% in Q3 on lower volumes
Ashok Leyland hits over 5-year low on HLFL stake purchase proposal
IT stocks rally post encouraging Q3 results by Accenture; Infosys jumps 5%
IRCTC slumps over 5% as Railways cancels regular trains till August 12
PNC Infratech jumps 16% on receipt of LOA for HAM project of Rs 1,412 cr
Global equity markets are likely to continue their up move: Chris Wood
Stocks to watch: ITC, Ashok Leyland, RIL, CIL, Glenmark Pharma, BOI, CONCOR