Shares of City Gas Distributions (CGD) were in focus lately, as they awaited an outcome report from the government-appointed panel, headed by former planning commission member Kirit S Parikh.
Even as the panel sought more time to submit its report, shares of CGDs were seen trading with robust gains yet again on Wednesday. According to sources, the panel has sought more time as it does a tightrope walk of striking a balance between the expectations of producers and consumers.
According to the oil ministry order, the Kirit panel has been asked to recommend a fair price to end-consumers and also suggest a "market-oriented, transparent and reliable pricing regime for India's long-term vision for ensuring a gas-based economy." READ MORE
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, September 28 2022. 12:33 IST