Shares listed in mainland China look set to eat into India’s share of global foreign portfolio investor (FPI) flows this year.
While the inclusion of the so-called China-A shares in the global indices designed by MSCI and FTSE Russell has been talked about for many years, it will finally play out in a meaningful way in 2019.
Indices such as MSCI Emerging Market (EM), FTSE EM and FTSE Global All Cap are tracked by both passive and active funds, totaling trillions of dollars.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.