Retail investors have been a dominant force in the market, as evidenced by the growing number of demat accounts over the past few months. PRAKARSH GAGDANI, chief executive officer, 5paisa.com – one of the first and the largest discount broking firms in the country – tells Puneet Wadhwa in an interview that this is the first time that the retail participation has been pushed to 65-70 per cent of the exchange turnover, helped by a sustained 15-month rally in stocks and flurry of good quality IPOs. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!