Shares of housing finance companies (HFCs) outperformed on the bourses on Thursday with stocks such as Can Fin Homes and Repco Home Finance ralling up to 6 per cent on the BSE inthe intra-day trade. Investors flocked the counters on expectations that a pick up in real estate demand will result in higher earnings growth for these companies this festive season. Besides, several lenders have already announced interest rate cut on home loans, which added to the buoyancy.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
A brief look at REPCO, the latest universal bank licence candidate
What sets luxury apart from premium in the residential realty market
Four entities apply for universal bank, four others for SFB licence
New F&O entrants in focus; IndiaMart, IEX, Can Fin surge up to 9%
HDFC & HDFC Bank, PNB & PNB Housing Fin: Strategies for 'twin' stocks
Bajaj Finserv market cap nears Rs 3 trillion; stock zooms 228% in 1 year
Realty boom! DLF, Godrej Properties can surge up to 15%, charts indicate
Shares rise in Asian markets but Evergrande jitters keep investors on edge
Coal India hits 52-week high; stock rallies 27% in one month
This Jhunjhunwala-owned hotel stock has rallied 32% so far in September
Can Fin Homes