The markets snapped its 3-day losing streak with strong gains led in IT shares and select index heavyweights. The BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, opened 330-odd points higher at 60,248, and after consolidating in the morning session, the index began its upward journey. The BSE index scaled a high of 60,751, and finally ended with a solid gain of 767 points at 60,687.
The NSE Nifty surged to a high of 18,123, and eventually settled with a gain of 229 points at 18,103. For the week, the 50-share index was up a per cent (186 points).
Tech Mahindra was the major gainer among the Sensex 30 stocks, up 4 per cent at Rs 1,583. Index heavyweights, HDFC, Infosys, Bharti Airtel and Reliance Industries gained 2 to 3 per cent, each. Bajaj Finsev, Asian Paints, Bajaj Finance, Sun Pharma , Larsen & Toubro and Nestle India were the other major gainers.
On the other hand, Bajaj Auto skid 3 per cent to Rs 3,640. T
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.