The benchmark indices on Wednesday posted their biggest single-day gains in over six months, buoyed by the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) decision to keep the policy rates unchanged in a bid to support economic recovery. Investors across the world continued to ‘buy the dip’ on hopes that the Omicron variant of coronavirus would be less lethal than feared.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, December 09 2021. 01:43 IST