Shares of sugar companies were in focus with most of the frontline companies trading higher by up to 11 per cent on the BSE in Wednesday’s intra-day trade on positive outlook. Triveni Engineering & Industries, Dhampur Sugar Mills, Balrampur Chini Mills, Dwarikesh Sugar Industries, Uttam Sugar Mills, EID Parry and Avadh Sugar & Energy were up between 3 per cent and 11 per cent on the BSE. In comparison, the S&P BSE Sensex was up 0.32 per cent at 58,850 at 10:44 am.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Balrampur Chini Mills soars 8%, hits record high on share buyback plan
Sugar shares rally; Dalmia Bharat, Triveni, Dwarikesh zoom up to 19%
Balrampur Chini, Dhampur Sugar: FPR could push stocks near breakout levels
Sugar stocks on a roll on improved outlook; Shree Renuka zooms 127% in June
Balrampur Chini, Triveni, EID Parry at record high; stocks soar up to 20%
Bharti Airtel rallies 9% in 3 days after tariff hike; zooms 50% in 6 months
IOB, Central Bank of India surge up to 20% on privatisation buzz
Alternative Investment Funds after Sebi order: Impact, rules explained
Stocks to Watch: Airtel, RIL, Siemens, Escorts, Radhe Dev, Indian Metals
MARKETS: Sensex, Nifty at day's high; energy stocks in focus; ONGC up 4%