R R Chokhani Stock Brokers, a private limited company headed by Ramakant Chokhani, was engaged in arbitrage between the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) made it mandatory to obtain insurance coverage. So the broker took a policy of Rs 1 crore through New India Assurance, and renewed it each year. The policy included "fidelity" coverage.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, February 07 2021. 20:05 IST